What You Need To Know About Family Therapy Port Charlotte FL Services
[caption id="" align="alignright" width="144" caption="Dr. Thomas A. Willingham, III, MD"][/caption]
The family is a very strong unit. However, it is also very vulnerable to various problems and conflicts. When you find yourself in this predicament, it is wise to take action. The best thing you can do is to seek family therapy Port Charlotte FL counseling services. It is ill advised to lets matters get out of hand, remember, it is easier to repair a cracked wall than a broken one.There are numerous benefits of a family therapist. These counselors can help you to resolve sensitive matters and forge stronger bonds within this unit. Times have changed and parents need to find better ways to communicate with their kids. This can be enhanced with the help of a therapist.Statistics indicate that suicidal rates among teenagers and young adults are at a record high. You cannot also turn a blind eye to the number of young people who are abusing drugs. Most of these issues can be prevented if strained relationships between parents and children are addressed in a proper manner. The good thing is that therapists are trained to handle these matters.There have been numerous success stories of people who have benefited from this type of counseling. The next key issue is to understand the role of a therapist. There are various key responsibilities of a counselor. His/her main duty is of an advisory capacity. He reminds all the members of the importance of a functional family unit. He also emphasizes on the roles of each individual.Therapy is also designed for kids with disabilities. It is never easy for members to deal with a child with special needs. It can be very depressing and parents may tend to feel inadequate in such circumstances. Kids with learning and development disorders have unique needs that should be met by the unit at large. The therapist caters for the kids with special needs and teaches the rest of the members how to handle the child.Divorce cases are at a record high, in many cases; this can be avoided if the partners seek counseling. A therapist can help you work on your marriage and rekindle the fire that once existed. They teach you how to handle critical issues and how to be patient with one another.
Understanding Family Therapy
They also handle issues of infidelity and coupes undergo sessions to help repair their marriage. In instances where divorce is inevitable they teach kids how to deal with it and understand that it is not their fault and that each of the parents loves the children. Custody issues are also discussed to ensure that the best interests of the children are protected.
The objective of counseling services should not be to make you dependent on therapy. He should formulate a plan of action which you can apply even when you stop attending the sessions. The teachings should be long life lessons that can even be used years after the therapy is over. When searching for services in family therapy Port Charlotte FL locals should conduct an extensive research and seek referrals from individuals who have benefited from the guidance of a therapist.
by Rebekah Alford
Dr. Thomas A. Willingham, III, MD
- Bachelor of Science, College of Charleston, 1962
- MD, Medical College of South Carolina, 1966
- Psychiatry Residency - Charity Hospital Tulane Medical School, Louisiana, 1972
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 1974
- American Academy of Psychoanalysis
Charlene Rosenfield, MS ARNP (Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner)
- Master of Science in Nursing, Univeristy of South Florida, 2005
- Honor Society of Nursing, 2005
- ANCC Board Certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, 2006
- NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse) Certification
- Member NAMI Charlotte County
- Publication: Rosenfield C.: The Journal of School of Nursing, The Use of Ergogenic Agents in High School Athletes
Kathleen Kaloski, MS ARNP, BC (Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner)
- Board Certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Specialty in Geriatric Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
- Medication Management
Dr. Gerald N. Ross, Ed. D
- A.E. University of Florida, 1966
- M.Ed. Counseling, University of Florida, 1967
- Ed.D Counseling, University of Georgia, 1973
- Florida licensed Psychologist since 1982 PY 002556
- Voted Best Psychologist - Best of Charlotte 2011
Christina Rooney, M.A., L.M.H.C.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, University of South Florida
- Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling, University of Sarasota
- Private practice counseling experience
- Continuing education in trauma, crisis intervention, grief, marriage counseling, sexuality, child abuse and sexual abuse
- Clinical therapist for children and families who are victims of child and sexual abuse
- Worked with juvenile delinquents in a residential facility
- Provided crisis counseling to patients admitted to a psychiatric facility.
- Kids and Counseling
Christina engages well with and effects positive change in children and teens. Play is the language of children. Play Therapy (therapeutic games, art and role-playing) is used to help children work through their hurts on their journey toward healing.
Confidence in your counselor is crucial for establishing the trusting relationship necessary for positive growth with a variety of experience in counseling children, individuals, couples and families. Christina can help with: Children, teens, adults, couples, families, adoption issues, ADHD, anger, anxiety, depression, trauma and abuse issues.
Chantelle Grant, LCSW
Provides individual therapy for children and adults for:
- Parent & child relationships
- Active & retired military and spouses
- Behavioral and mental health issues
- Developmental issues (PDD/ASD)
Suzanne Morgenroth-Desio, L.M.H.C.
- B.A. Mount Mary College, 1976
- M.A. University of South Florida, 1987
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor #00010934, 1993
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor #MH 3939, 1996
- National Certified Counselor # 47834, 1997
Family Therapy,What You Need To Know About Family Therapy Port Charlotte FL Services
Family Therapy,What You Need To Know About Family Therapy Port Charlotte FL Services | Southbound' Inc